Tuesday, September 21, 2010

how effectual is a laptop cooler?

i am a hard to digest downloader and im using my laptop for it.. this means i enjoy to keep my laptop running for more than 24h.. i just now bought a notepal laptop cooler.. is this okay?



oh.. and by the way.. where on earth do i see the temperature of my laptop? is here such a way?


Answer:

I one-sidedly have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop and it's kept turned on 24/7 and I don't own problems overheating my laptop except when (1) I accidentally blocked the cooling fans from circulating nouns properly or (2) when the fan contained by my laptop begins to go wrong.



The failing fan have happened back (which is why I'm mentioning it) and when the computer began to overheat, it would shutdown to prevent plunder to the processor. While this happened, I purchased the Targus Notebook Chill Mat and it does wonders contained by keeping the laptop cooler while chugging along, doing video editing and publishing.



I recommend that if you have diagnostic tools, to see if your admirer is functioning properly (that how I found out my fan be failing) and if failing, have it replaced or fixed. If you can't bring it fixed or you you don't have warranty, I recommend getting the Targus cooler. It's worked for me.
Not too sure nearly the cooler but a good free prog to monitor ur notebook temp is speed fan
Go to the Western Digital network site and download their:

WD Diagnostic program, when you run the diagnostic on your machine it will show your HD operating Temp.



Note: that downloading does not use much power. The cooler will abet greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment